Smile Makeover means just to have the smile you need or wish for. No matter what kind of condition your oral health is right now, if you are ashamed of your smile, then it can be fixed. The embarrassment you face might be because of some dental condition that needs to be treated. The most important matter is to have good oral health, as it can help you have the aesthetic and functional benefits of a Smile Makeover.
What are the reasons to pursue a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is usually chosen for several reasons. The dentist recognizes the problem you have with your teeth or gums and determines the best cosmetic dentistry procedure for you. Some of the common reasons to seek a Smile Makeover include:
- Treating a broken, cracked or chipped teeth
- Treating silver or broken fillings
- Treating a loose, misaligned or missing teeth
- Treat bleeding, sore or painful gums
- Treat jaw pain or altered face shape
- Treating discolored or stained teeth
- Treat the short teeth or teeth that have a gap in them
How can the smile makeover results be maintained?
The dentist conducts a detailed evaluation of your oral health before developing a plan for a smile makeover. Your teeth, gums, bite, and underlying support structure will be examined. If any oral health problem is detected, then it is treated first.
To maintain the smile makeover results, keep in mind the following steps:
- You need to have regular oral hygiene care by giving the best care of the restorations.
- Use non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste as recommended by the dentist.
- Brush at least twice or thrice each day to have maximum effectiveness.
- Flossing is essential in removing debris and plaque from the teeth. It helps prevent tooth decay.
- Flossing is especially important for people who have had veneers.
- Do not use mouthwashes that contain alcohol. It can degrade the bond between your restorations and your teeth.
- Use alcohol-free mouthwashes.
- Avoid having foods that are high in sugar.
- Limit the consumption of coffee, soda, tea, etc.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages excessively, as alcohol can affect dental restoration.
Please schedule an online appointment or call us at (949) 209-8889 to have a consultation with Dr. Vida at our office in Orange County, CA to get the best smile makeover.