Invisalign is a clear tooth aligner, which has become an alternative to traditional braces. Invisalign is meant for people who feel it unattractive to have a mouthful of metal braces and brackets. The Invisalign can fix all the bite issues and malocclusion with its clear, thin, medical-grade polymer aligners.
Is Invisalign right for you?
Invisalign can be used to deal with the following dental problems, such as:
Overly crowded teeth: This is a condition in which there is not enough space in the jaw to fit all the teeth normally or comfortably.
Widely spaced teeth: Sometimes, there might be too much space between the teeth because of abnormal jaw growth or teeth get shifted due to missing teeth.
Overbite/overjet: In this, the upper teeth bite is over the lower teeth.
Crossbite: This is a condition in which both the upper and lower jaws are misaligned.
Mild relapse: Sometimes, after getting the traditional braces removed, there might be some relapsing tooth movement occurring.
How does the Invisalign system work?
The removable aligners can help in adjusting the occlusion. The dentist takes an initial assessment to assess the situation. During the initial consultation, impressions and photographs of the teeth are taken. These impressions help in creating a three-dimensional computer projection using the computer-aided design process, forming the basis for developing a series of custom-made aligners. When the aligners get ready, the dentist places them on your teeth, also making sure if it fits well. The dentist also checks if the pressure applied is in the needed direction to move teeth. They need to get it replaced in about every two weeks or as suggested by the dentist.
What are the advantages of using Invisalign?
Invisalign has lots of advantages, like:
- Invisalign aligners are much more convenient than traditional braces.
- The aligners are virtually invisible, so no one will even know if you are getting your teeth straightened.
- You need to wear them for 22 hours a day for an effective result.
- You can remove them while eating
- You can remove them while going for special occasions, as well.
- It is quite easy to brush and floss your teeth, as you don’t need any additional tools.
- You can also maintain good oral hygiene.
- It is easy to maintain the aligners as well.
Call us at 949.209.8889 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Jocelynn for a consultation at our office in Mission Viejo, CA.