Lumineers are porcelain veneers that help in brightening the teeth, also providing cosmetic alignment. Lumineers are quite different from the other brands of porcelain veneers, as they are much thinner and stronger. The typical veneers need tooth trimming along with extensive preparation, while the Lumineers don’t need any of those. They can be easily applied to the teeth. Lumineers can bring a remarkable change in your smile, making it look natural and beautiful.
What is the use of Lumineers?
The Lumineers can be used in treating the following conditions:
- People can have improved cosmetic appearance of their teeth.
- Lumineers can help in concealing enamel discoloration or stain, which is caused by drinking beverages or having medications, or colored foods.
- Uniform appearance can be given to your smile, which might have become uneven due to chips and cracks caused by fractures and erosion of the teeth.
- Lumineers can correct the spaces between teeth.
- If given proper care, Lumineers can last up long.
- If you avoid chewing a large amount of sticky and hard foods, the Lumineers can prolong a long life.
What is the procedure used for applying Lumineers?
In order to place Lumineers in the exact position, the dentist doesn’t cut, file, or grind away any of the teeth. Lumineers are sometimes used in extending the life span of already existing porcelain veneers and bridgework that have lost its shine over time. Lumineers can give a fresher look by just placing it over earlier porcelain veneers without any need for preparation. The whole procedure of applying Lumineers is quite simple and pain-free.
During your first visit, the dentist makes an impression of your teeth and sends it over to a dental laboratory. In the lab, customized veneers are prepared. Your teeth are etched moderately before applying them. The dentist then bonds the Lumineers to your teeth by using a curing light.
What are the things to be kept in mind after applying a Lumineers?
After applying Lumineers, you will have to be extra cautious about your teeth. Keep in mind the following steps:
- Do not eat sugary foods too frequently, as it can cause tooth decay.
- Regular brushing and flossing are necessary.
- Visit your dentist as per the scheduled appointments, as it can help in enhancing the lifespan of the Lumineers.
- Use a non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Use a mouthguard while participating in contact sports.
Please schedule an online appointment or call us at (949) 209-8889 to have a consultation with Dr. Vida at our office in Orange County, CA to undergo teeth whitening and choose the right treatment.