Regular dental consultations at least once every six months, is necessary to maintain optimum oral hygiene. But, this could be challenging and unsafe under the current circumstances of the ongoing pandemic. Even our everyday routine has been disrupted, let alone dental consultations. A worthy alternative to in-house physical consultations is a virtual online consultation.
How is a virtual consultation conducted?
When you get in touch with us for a virtual consultation, we will schedule an appointment at the earliest and share the details with you. The consultation will take place over a voice call or a video call, depending on the severity of the condition. The dentist will thoroughly diagnose you and suggest suitable treatment, which can either be in the form of medication or an in-house treatment session.
What are the advantages of virtual consultations?
- Since the dentist and patient do not come in physical contact with each other, the chances of transmitting pathogens to each other are entirely eliminated. It is a safe and easy alternative.
- You would be saving a lot of time and effort as you can consult the dentist from the comfort of your home. You wouldn’t have to schedule an in-house appointment, drive all the way to the dentist’s practice, or spend long hours in the dentist’s practice.
- Virtual consultations usually cost less than an in-house session.
- The online consultation will take place over a secure line. This helps to protect doctor-patient confidentiality.
- In the case of dental emergencies, a virtual consultation can be conducted as soon as possible so that the dentist can suggest suitable first aid.
So what are you waiting for?