Why Choose Dental Implants?
Posted by DR. JOCELYNN VIDA on Jul 14 2020, 03:43 AM
Dental Implants are considered as a popular tooth replacement option. Tooth loss can affect your whole lifestyle. It takes away your self-confidence and makes you feel uncomfortable while eating and chewing as well. Implants act as a leading treatment for those who want to restore function and appearance after tooth loss. Implants are durable and long-lasting, also providing beautiful, natural-looking results.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants include placing a titanium implant post surgically into your jawbone. Due to the process called osseointegration, the post fuses with the bone and tissue surrounding it, which creates a strong foundation. Once the implant gets fully integrated, it acts as a part of your dental structure. Then, a restoration like a dental crown is placed on the implant to protect it. It easily replaces the portion where the tooth was missing.
What are the benefits of implants?
Implants have many benefits, but among all, the most significant advantage is that the implant feels, looks, and functions exactly like a natural tooth. While chewing, the pressure applied gives necessary stimulation to the jaw bone, which prevents the bone from eroding. A dental implant and healthy bone can help in keeping the adjacent teeth from getting shifted into the open space. The other benefits can be, as follows:
- Dental implants can help in restoring 90% of your chewing ability.
- You don’t have to give any special maintenance to the implants, except for having excellent oral hygiene and regular dental visits.
- A dental implant is a treatment in which the tooth can stand alone without any need for additional support from adjacent teeth. It can also act as a single tooth solution for a single tooth problem.
- A dental implant is a permanent solution to your problem. You don’t have to get them replaced, so they cost less to maintain over a long period.
- In dental implants, a root replacement takes place, which stimulates the growth of healthy bone and tissue in your jaw, preserving bone integrity.
How could you maintain your implants?
You can maintain your implants in the following ways:
- To have a long-lasting implant, you need to keep your gums healthy. Gum disease can cause implant failure, as there won’t be enough healthy bone to hold it in place.
- Brush and floss around your dental implant at least twice a day.
- Get dental cleanings as per the scheduled appointments.
- Visit your dentist to get your gums checked and to make sure your implants are safe.
- The dentist checks your bite and any excessive teeth grinding or clenching. If so, you might be asked to wear a nightguard to protect your teeth and dental implant.
Find the best remedy for your missing teeth by requesting an appointment with Dr. Vida today at (949) 209-8889 to acquire your dental implants.