Enhance Your Smile with Veneers
Posted by DR. JOCELYNN VIDA on Jun 9 2020, 03:31 AM
A veneer is a durable wafer-thin cover put in the front of a tooth. It deals with certain cosmetic defects like gaps between teeth, broken or cracked teeth, irregular or worn edges of the tooth, teeth that look small, deeply stained, or deformed teeth. Veneers comprise customized shells that are tinted to match the color of the adjacent teeth. Dental veneers are made of porcelain or resin composite materials.
How can veneers help in enhancing your smile?
There are specific ways in which veneers offer you perfect smile, such as:
- They conceal cracked, chipped, broken, or severely stained teeth.
- They can help in reshaping the appearance of a tooth for a better look by concealing uneven gaps or spacing, size discrepancies, or altering the apparent shape of a tooth.
- They can fix the slightly misaligned teeth.
What are the misconceptions about veneers?
Even though veneers are versatile and enhance your beauty, there are some myths about it. The most common misconceptions heard about porcelain veneers are, as follows:
- The first misconception is that the procedure is painful. Just like any other major dental treatment, before the application of veneers, a patient is given local anesthesia to eliminate any pain or discomfort.
- The second misconception is that veneers are only needed for the front of your mouth. Veneers are mostly placed where they are visible: on the six front teeth. But they can also be used on lower teeth and premolars.
- The third misconception is that the entire tooth is filed down before applying veneers. While some reshaping is usually required before placing veneers, most of it is very slight.
- The fourth misconception is that veneers can only serve for aesthetic purposes. But the primary goal of veneers is to enhance the overall look of the smile; veneers can also be used in filling out cheeks and rebuilding molars.
- The fifth misconception is that veneers are too white and so are easily noticeable. The advanced veneers can be beautifully customized to match the thickness, shape, and color of a patient’s natural teeth.
Will there be a “Trial” smile before applying veneers?
Before applying the final veneers, you will have temporary veneers adhered to your teeth. You will get a chance to see your new smile, eliminating surprises after the process is complete. It will let you see yourself, and also you can discuss with your dentist about any noticeable change you need, before applying the final veneers.
Find the best remedy for your stained, chipped, or broken teeth by requesting an appointment with Dr. Vida today at (949) 209-8889 to acquire your veneers.